Wednesday 21 January 2015

Get Unready With Me - My Night-time Skin Care Routine

After reading Marianna Hewitt's "Get Unready With Me" I was inspired to do one of my own. Although I am guilty of the skin care faux-pas that every girl is of using face wipes to remove my make up every once in a while, I do try to look after my skin when I remove my make up every night. I tried using the Temple Spa products after Christmas and have totally fallen in love with them. My favourite products are:

1. Temple Spa "Good to Go" Naturally Foaming Cleanser

This product works as a normal cleanser to remove make up at the end of the day. The products I use are for normal skin and work perfect for me. To use the product, I splash my face with water and have two squirts of the cleanser - this builds up into a foam which is fragrance free and feels so nice on the skin. This removes most of my make up (apart from the eyes, which I will come on to next.) As the name suggests, it is so useful on the go as it works really quickly rather than using cotton wool and a normal cleanser. It leaves the skin feeling really clean and fresh and is perfect for use in the shower!

2. Simple "Kind to Skin" - Purifying Cleansing Lotion

I have always used Simple products to remove my make up and moisturise my face and have had no problems with these products at all. They keep my skin soft and clear and do not cause spots or any irritation. I go over my eyes to remove mascara and any other excess product that my natural foaming cleaner hasn't quite reached. As the Temple Spa cleanser is a little sting-y on the eyes, the Simple cleanser is perfect for getting off that difficult mascara. At around £2 in some stores, it is also sooo much more affordable than the Temple Spa cleanser if you are on a budget.

3. Temple Spa "Toning Essence" Essence Mist Tonic Alcohol Free

This is definitely my favourite product from the Temple Spa range that I have tried. It is really refreshing, removes any excess cleanser and leaves the skin feeling (and smelling) so clean. It also leaves the skin clean but soft without any dryness. The smell is really fresh, fruity and it is so quick to use - you can spray the toner on to a cotton wool pad and use it that way, or alternatively if you are rushing you can spray it straight on to the face for extra hydration.

4. Temple Spa "My Goodness" Naturally Normal Moisturiser 

As are all of the products I have reviewed, this moisturiser is perfect for people blessed with normal skin. This moisturiser is the perfect final step of my night time skin care routine. It leaves the skin really soft without any greasiness which is a major problem with some of the moisturisers I have used before. This is quite an expensive product (at £34) however you only need the tiniest bit of product to leave your skin silky smooth - I am sure it will be long lasting and therefore cost effective! I am a huge fan however of the Simple range and they also offer a moisturiser (at around £3) as well as their lovely cleanser, so anyone who is looking for a more affordable skin care routine will not be disappointed by their products.


Any comments welcome as always!

Megan
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment