Monday 12 January 2015

7lbs in 7 Days - The Perfect January Detox

After severely abusing the eating and drinking (more so eating!) over the festivities, I was left feeling bloated, sluggish, spotty and tired on the 1st January. After hearing lots about various different juice detox diets, I thought I had nothing to lose by trying this quick fix detox after Christmas. I downloaded an app called “Green Juice Detox” which claims to help you lose 7lbs in 7 days - it was around £2 for anyone who decides to look for it. Although I didn’t want to lose as much as 7lbs, it seemed well worth a try to get myself feeling healthier again. The app includes a shopping list and diet plan for 7 days, the total shop costing around £40 for the week. Most of the juice recipes included are really quick and easy; they taste really good too. One of my favourite juices was a breakfast juice which consisted of 150g pineapple, 200ml apple juice and a handful of kale/spinach. As you can see there is nothing too exotic in the juices making the ingredients easy to find and the juices easy to make. Although I was really hungry on the first day, this got easier as the week continued and the juices proved to actually be quite filling. There are also some healthy ‘snacks’ included in the plan, like nuts and eggs, which help to ease the pain of drinking only juice for 7 days. On day 5 of my juice cleanse, my skin was perfectly clear (after developing a few unwanted spots over Christmas,) I felt much less bloated and tired and had lost 5lbs. On top of this, most of my bad food cravings had disappeared, or at least certainly lessened. I would really recommend this diet for anyone who wants a quick fix health kick to help curb their cravings, clear their skin, and detox their body. Although the 7 day cleanse is over, I will definitely be incorporating some of the juice recipes in to my diet to make sure I am getting all of the essential nutrients from the fruit and veg that may be missed in my normal diet. For any green juice ingredients or more information on the app that I used, please leave a comment!

Thanks

Megan

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment